Monday, April 9, 2012

For Our Aunt

It's been a fun break with my family, which includes today since it's a holiday. We had a great Resurrection Sunday/Easter celebration/dinner with our church family and I'm still stuffed from that! I spent most of today cleaning and organizing. It's funny that our break started and ended with cleaning, but it feels good to be done with that...at least for now :).

I have an elegant card for you today that was inspired by my friend Beate Johns, who just happened to have a birthday today! I just love her layers and elegant style. I'm still in de-hoarding mood, so you will see lots of cards here using scraps. I used The Craft's Meow's Cherished and Beautiful Spring sets. The background stamp on the oval is Penny Black's Scented Message. That gorgeous frame was die cut using Spellbinders Floral Oval dies.
Butterfly-Aunt
I colored the butterfly with Copic markers. The swirly bling is Want2Scrap's Beautiful Borders Endless Waves.
Butterfly-Aunt-detail
The flower is die cut using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms dies and the flourish bling is Want2Scrap's Fancy That!, along with the bling strip on the butterfly.
Butterfly-Aunt-flower
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Such a striking card Nina..wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant design Nina - love your colouring ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! This is so rich & Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly gorgeous with that beautifully colored butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is fabulous!!! I love the colours you have used here Nina!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails