Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Mixed Media Card and a Purse

I have two projects for you today that were shown previously in the SRM Stickers blog. But before that, have you seen the new Penny Black release? One of mine is being featured today on their blog.

First up is a mixed media card. I've been inspired lately by fellow paper crafters, Jill Foster and Michelle Wooderson, who make mixed media worth the try. Symmetry-obsessed and neat freak (when it comes to papercrafting, at least) that I am, I used to be afraid of mixed media stuff. As you have noticed lately, I am loving it! I still have much to learn but am enjoying the process.

Many people have asked how I make these mixed media cards.I first do an emboss resist (Youtube has tons of tutorials HERE) on the background using Versamark ink and white embossing powder. Then I spritz with Goosebumps for the random dots you see. Then I go crazy with whatever ink colors I want to use, usually Distress inks or Memento inks.

For my background I used Penny Black's Breezy, Love Chapter and Music Background stamps (my favorite 3 lately for backgrounds). The poppy is from PB Blooming Garden. The sentiment and stitches are SRM stickers.
SRM-W2S-PB-card
The poppies were colored watercolor-style using Copic markers. I added the white dots for effects using white paint and a toothpick. I didn't adhere the elements flat for a more interesting effect as you can see below. I finished the card with Want2Scrap heart and pearl strips.
SRM-W2S-PB-card-det
My second card features one of the new packagings that SRM Stickers now offers. Isn't this purse darling? My girls love it as I do! I used it to package a scarf. I left out the ends to tie in a bow as part of the box decoration. You can find more details HERE.
SRM-New-Prod-Bag
I used Spellbinders circle and Lacey Circle dies to highlight the SRM Label.
SRM-New-Prod-Bag-det
A little update on my health since some of you have asked...it looks like I will have surgery in the middle of June. I hope this will be the end of my gallbladder issues and can get back to normal quickly. Thank you for your prayers and notes of concern! You truly know how to make this gal feel loved. :)
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Nina, that card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that mixed media card, so pretty and glad to hear that you have surgery scheduled....hopefully this will be the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O so beautiful Nina! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your first card, Nina! All the elements in the background are wonderful, and then, of course, there's those gorgeous poppies! You inspire me once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects Nina - I had been inspired by your backgrounds and have made one myself recently on a card for DS - who loved it!! Thanks for the inspiration, and heloing me break out of the box too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card and color combo. I love the poppies and the white dots especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous purse project! Praying God will guide the surgeon & nurses and protect from any infection or complications! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen... wow... I am blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Shared at Want2Scrap this evening.

    Allie
    Want2Scrap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails