Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Destashing and Reflecting on Life

I have another destashing card today using the same Crate Paper pad I used on THIS and THIS post. My card is fairly simple. I used my Penny Black's Blooming Tags. The main image is watercolored. I also used a little bit of stitching, a white twill tape, paper flower and Want2Scrap pearls, which I colored with Copics to match my card base and main image.
PB-Destash-TY
Here is a close up of the tag. The flowers match the paper better in person and I'm not sure why the photos didn't quite capture that. The sentiment is from PB Special Wishes set.
PB-Destash-TYdet
On a different note, I have received several encouraging notes and emails about MY POST from the beginning of the year. Thank you all for reaching out and sharing your stories with me. I have always wanted my blog to be more than just a card inspiration. As I was evaluating again where I am since 3 months have passed since the beginning of 2014, I have to say nothing much has changed in the are of my designing life. I am just enjoying making cards and trying new things (like playing with my Silhouette Cameo!). I am filling my days with enjoying my family, reading and studying, getting crafty with my girls, cooking and spending personal time with friends over coffee.

I recently read a couple of articles that convicted my oft-wandering heart, encouraged me in my sometimes unsure direction regarding my design work, and altogether really ministered to my soul. I hope you will find them useful as well, as you juggle so many responsibilities in this wonderful thing called life. :)

I Have All the Time in the World - How many times have I said here on my blog and FB page that I'm busy. It is true, but I have to re-think how I use that word from now on. I do have lots of things to do (who doesn't?), but I don't want anybody to ever feel afraid to ask or think they're inconveniencing me, if there is anything they need from me. Of course, I have to prioritize (my family comes fist!) since I am only human and can only do so much, but I hope that I'm not perceived as unapproachable, esp by those whom God has brought to my life: my family, friends, neighbors and church. I echo the author's words, "I’m not busy. I have all the time I need to accomplish the things the Lord has called me to."

Women, Work and Our Crisis of Identity - this one really hits home for me. I think the biggest disappointment for me for slowing down on my design work is my own self-assessment that somehow my worth is less because I make less money. Believe me, I do miss the regular income, but my job description doesn't, shouldn't, define who I am. And I am, above all things, a follower of Christ. Even the sweet title of wife and mom do not compare to this. My worth is not based on my own accomplishments, income or how others view me. My worth is based on Him who loves me and died for me. I am nothing without Him. And my being His is a privilege that I can never earn. And who am I to complain? God has been good to me beyond my expectations.

Well, thank you for reading this far. I hope I have made you think deeply about what matters most in this life. I hope someday we can meet and talk about the journeys God has directed our lives to follow. Wouldn't that be lovely? Have a great and blessed day!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and a wonderful post! That second resource really resonated with me. It's so easy to judge ourselves based on the world's values and what others think as opposed to what really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card.

    Thanks for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O kako lepo pobarvano in ti šivi ji dodajo dodatno noto, super ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Nina and thank you for your post - the second part regarding our worth resonated with me - deeply. Thank you.,
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing some food for thought to help enrich the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails