Monday, March 17, 2014

Vintage Butterflies

Happy Monday and Happy Spring! We have been enjoying such lovely spring weather. My tulips are starting to peek out of the ground. My cherry trees are starting to show buds. The sun is shining and the temps are just perfect. My husband is also finally home, after being gone on a business trip. What a sweet reunion we had yesterday. Poor guy. He didn't sleep at all on his long transatlantic flight. And, of course, as seen as we saw him, all three girls couldn't stop talking about the lovely life adventures they've had while he was gone. It was noisy there for a while, but I am very blessed to have these wonderful people in my family, even with all the beautiful chaos we all bring when we are together. God is good.

My card today is one of a few vintage cards I've made lately. This one uses all Penny Black stamps and dies. The sentiment is from Wishes. The tag is from my Blooming Tags set. The butterflies are from Social Butterfly set. The papers are neutral colored scraps I found on my desk that seemed perfect for the card. The little piece of brown lace tucked under the panel is also scrap from my desk.
Vintage-Cards2
Here is the close up of the butterflies, which are embellished with Want2Scrap pearls. I also water colored some yellow behind the tag to coordinate with the yellow butterfly.
Vintage-Cards2det
Well, I'm off to visit a friend who has been on bed rest. I am bringing dinner to her and her family - my version of Pork Gulash, which is very different from the Croatian kind. I put lots of veggies on mine. Needless to say, it's not my girls' favorite meal, but it's so good for them. I hope my friends' kids won't hate me for bringing them veggies. :) Have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Vegetables with pork - sounds like bliss :-) i can imagine the glorious chaos when DH returned :-).
    Love your card Nina - such gentle colours and an over all soft effect.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Čudovito ;) obožujem metulje ;)
    Lp, Vilinke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and great veggies for your friend's family, Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails