Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Copper Gear CAS Father's Day Cards

I have a busy few weeks up ahead. We are expecting about 25 guests from America to help with our annual English camp in our little town. I have some posts written that I still need to tweak. In light of the busyness of this time of the year, I may not be able to update my blog as regularly as I would like. But I should be back before the month is over! :)

I have a pair of CAS Mixed Media Cards today for Father's Day.  These are mass producible and show that Want2Scrap® bling works well with masculine cards as well. I started with embossing the white panel with Spellbinders’ Bricks and Bar M-Bossabilities, then I swiped it with two shades of brown Distress Inks, and adhered them to black card bases.
W2S-Fathers-day

I then rubbed some DecoArt Copper Kettle Metallic Lustre on the Want2Scrap Shifting Gears Large Silhouette and cut it in half to use on 2 cards. I intentionally didn’t cover the silhouette completely to show the texture of the paper. I then embellished the round gears with the Nestabling Petite Scalloped Circle Sm Black Rhinestones and Baby Bling Pearls LeCreme pearls.
W2S-Fathers-day4
I added some SRM Stickers on the embossed panel. The sentiment is by Penny Black Hot Rod and stamped using Clearsnap inks.
W2S-Fathers-day3
I adhered the cut gears die cuts using foam squares. Here you can see the layers and many dimensions of the cards, which is made possible by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner and foam squares.
W2S-Fathers-day2
I'm entering these to the following challenges: The Pink Elephant (father's day), Crazy for Challenges (masculine), SSS Monday Challenge (use paint); CASE This Sketch; SSS Wed Challenge (masculine).
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh, these are both fabulous! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Nina - so grungy without being 'dark'. PRaying your camp goes well.
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful Father's Day cards and thank you for sharing and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nina, good luck with your English camp, sounds like fun!
    Great mens cards for Father's day and I love all the cogs and texture.

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails